Okay, I went in for my 39 week check-up and I'm now dilated to a '5'! OH, COME ON! Why can't I just go the whole way? None of this put-putting along. Geez, Louise! Talk about a trial of patience! (*Deep breath*) So, anyway, my OB gave me some options: 1) Wait another week and see if I go on my own. 2) Go in sometime this week and break my water and see if contractions start. 3)Go in sometime this week and break my water and start pitocin.
At this point, I'm thinking I'm going to wait another week. I really, really do not want to be induced...in any way. I always clown on the girls that come in for elective inductions when they still have a few weeks to go. I'm like..."Sooo, you couldn't handle being pregnant for 2 more weeks?"
My OB, however, was concerned that with me being "half way" dilated if my water were to break at home, I wouldn't have much time to get to the hospital before having the baby. That does scare me and that would be the only reason why I would be induced.
But, for now, I'm going to hang in there and see if I can do this on my own. I'll keep you posted!