Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My Baby Is Growing Up!

I can't believe my "baby" is over a year old! It's crazy to think that only 1 year ago Cooper was a helpless little infant whose only wants in life were to be fed, changed, and rocked to sleep. Now, Cooper's a complicated little fellow. (Okay, not so much, but compared to 1 year ago...) I'm constantly amazed at how much a baby can learn after being on this earth for only a year.
Just the other day, when Kylie and I were playing "school" in her room, Cooper took off towards the stairs saying, "Da-da" over and over again. Neither Kylie nor I realized that Daddy had come home, but Cooper knew the sound of our garage door going up to mean that his Daddy was home. I walked over to pick him up before he reached the stairs and started telling him that Daddy wasn't home yet. I was wrong. There was Daddy walking up the stairs!
Cooper also loves playing "Catch Me If You Can!" He'll run away from us as fast as his little legs can carry him whether we're in the grocery store, at home playing, or when Daddy comes home. Sometimes he'll try to climb all of the stairs before we can get to him. We'll say, "I'm going to get you!" and he'll squeal and start running or climbing as fast as he can. Soooo cute!
Our little man is also starting to expand his vocabulary. Besides "da-da," "ba-ba," "ma-ma," he says "dahnk goo" for "thank you;" "mah" for "more;" "bah" for "ball;" and "yah," for "yeah." He knows when to put things away and when Mommy's says it's time to shut the fridge door or dishwasher door, he does it all by himself! I swear, everything he does is so gosh darn cute and I constantly have to restrain myself from picking the kid up, smothering him with kisses, and squeezing him to death! Man, I love my baby!

1 comment:

Adam and Sarah said...

He IS dang cute! It is crazy how much they change in just one year. My bro had his baby almost exactly a year after Amber & it was so neat to look at Amber & her cousin together & see how far she come and how much she's changed in so short a time. It really is incredible!