Saturday, November 1, 2008

Tuna Fish?!?!

I know, I know, it's been two weeks since I last blogged, but I have a good excuse. I have been so sick and pukey. At one point I weighed 9 pounds lighter than normal. Now, I'm just 7 pounds shy of my "normal" weight. I can say there does seem to be a light at the end of the morning sickness tunnel. I have not had to throw up for the last two days. Yay! Maybe I'm finally getting a gist of what my stomach will not tolerate or maybe one or all of the three drugs I'm taking are finally working for me. While I do still feel like crap much of the time, I can't tell you how nice it is to not have to see what I just ate come back up in the toilet.
There are only a few foods I can eat where I don't feel like I need to hang around the bathroom toilet after eating it. One is chunk light tuna out of the can. Who would have thought? I just tried it out one day after searching the pantry for something to feed my starving body and growing fetus. I remember thinking, "If this comes back up, it's not going to be good." After mixing the tiniest bit of mayo in it and slapping it on a half slice of bread with a thin slice of cheese, I ate it; oh, it was so good! I waited for the icky, fishy taste to surface in my mouth as my stomach prepared to send it back up, but it never came!
I have since had a half tuna fish sandwich just about everyday for lunch, and sometimes for dinner. I've added three pickles slices, and it's my little slice of heaven for now. The time after I have my tuna sandwich is the time where I can feel "okay" for a few minutes after I eat and not feel like I could just lay down and die. And, thanks to my funky eating habits, my kids are hooked on tuna now, too. Kylie actually requested to have a tuna sandwich for lunch today. Cooper ate all of his half-of-a-half tuna sandwich as well.
I'm hoping I can venture away from my "tried and true" morning sickness foods in the near future, but it is good to know that I can always have a tasty, healthy tuna sandwich, if nothing else!

8 comments:

Gail and Steve said...

Ohhh.. Kim who would think tuna would keep your sick tummy at bay. Should we go buy a case? One thing..... Cheese on tuna! I would have never thought of that. Well least it works. We are greatful...

Dawn Rae said...

I am sorry you are sick! I never throw up, poor girl! Are you still working too? Hope it ends soon:)

Misty said...

You poor thing! I feel for you that have to puke all day long. I really don't know how you do it, especially with a young family. You're awesome!

Nicole said...

I'm glad you are seeing the light at the end of the morning sickness tunnel. It is a very long road. I hope it ends soon - especially before you get sick of tuna!

Adam and Sarah said...

I'm so sorry you are so sick. Your mom was telling us how miserable you are. No fun! Seriously, if you need some help, give me a call & I'll come out and watch the kids for you so you can just lay down, or help you out with whatever you need!

Haley said...

OH I'm so sorry! I know that doesn't help. But I really am. Just follow the light and hopefully it will be over soon.

Crazycozartclan said...

I am glad that you are feeling a little bit better. Let's hope it's almost over! Hang in there.

Jennie Brown Stephens said...

I am there with ya! when I was preggers with Lily UI craved Tuna melts EVERYDAY. It was ALL I could hold down!! And I normally HATE tuna fish! This time around I crave Harmons chicken salad on crisp ice burg lettuce with dill pickle relish, swiss cheese, tomato slice and ranch dressing... weird i know.. chicken and pickles... babies make you eat funky things! we go through about 3 large containers of "Scott's chicken salad" a week! I want to buy what he needs and just have him make me a tub of it for alot cheaper hahahaha!