Sunday, March 9, 2008

Lazy Sunday

I love Sundays. I love that my family is together. I love that church is at 1:00 in the afternoon. I love eating Sunday dinner made by my wonderful husband. (Tonight, it was jambalaya. I'd give you all a recipe except there isn't one.) I love just lounging around, relaxing, reading, and talking.
I prepared an Easter family night lesson and we taught Kylie about the true reason why we celebrate Easter. It was funny because she really had no clue. I asked her if she knew why we celebrate Easter and she said, "So we can find Easter eggs." Now she knows about the Atonement and Resurrection. (She read and learned about two very big words!) It is such a fundamental part of our religion to know this story, but I love reviewing it and reminding myself that it is through our Savior, Jesus Christ, that we are even able to return to live with our Heavenly Father.
After the kids went to bed, we watched "Return with Honor," an LDS movie about a return missionary who dies, but is given 60 days to come back to earth and finish his work. It was pretty good; not as corny as so many of the other LDS movies out there.







It was a beautiful day. Dare I say that Spring is finally here? I took the kids outside and took pics of them out on the porch.

2 comments:

Adam and Sarah said...

Sundays are such good days, especially when they are nice & sunny. We were able to take Amber to the park and actually stay for more than 5 or 10 minutes! I love Kylie & Coop's outfits, so adorable!
You know what's funny? We thought that "Return With Honor" was the corniest LDS movie we've seen! Especially the line, "It was like... my heart was vibrating at the speed of love." Ha!

Kim said...

Really? I'm not saying that it didn't have it's corny parts. There's definitely some corny one liners. I just thought it was better than say, "The Best 2 Years." Now that was corny.