Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Weekend at Grandma and Grandpa's House

We spent Father's Day weekend at Grandma and Grandpa's house in Salina and we had so much fun! Be prepared for lots of pictures!Cooper discovered the trampoline. He loved it! He didn't jump really, but he loved getting bounced. He would also run around the perimeter and fall down while giggling the whole time.We had picnics outside...
...after which Scott, Kylie, and Leslie looked for crawdads in the irrigation ditch. They were disgusting-looking things! UGH! Scott was talking about fishing them out and cooking them up for dinner. Gross!Scott had to try out the old rope swing. I sadly realized that my tomboy days of playing in the trees and swinging on rope swings are days of the past. I could barely hold onto the thing; I felt like I was going to drop right in the middle of the ditch. Such a wimp!I love, LOVE my parents' backyard. Besides being green and pretty, it is the place of many wonderful childhood memories for me. If my parents ever move from this house, I will be very, very sad.This is the view of the sky and trees while laying on the trampoline. So pretty and peaceful.On Monday, we got sandwiches from Subway and went to Salina City Park for another picnic.Kylie played on the swings......climbed up the playground structure,...went down the slides,
...rode the merry-go-round,while Cooper took a nap in his carseat.We were going to be on our way home by the time Grandpa came home from work, so we said 'bye' to him at the park. Cooper was never too fond of going to Grandpa during this visit; however, he did go give Grandpa a big hug and I took the opportunity of getting a snapshot of it. He's such a good little hugger!After the park, we went home and put the kids in their swimsuits so they could play on the slippin' slide! After a few attempts to make it nice and slippery, Grandma concluded that it was time to go get a new slipping slide for her grandkids.Cooper loved being with Grandma. Here he is sitting with Grandma and playing with her sunglasses.We made water balloons and tried to make them pop on the trampoline. Cooper loved his water balloons, but couldn't quite figure out why they would pop when he dropped them on the grass.
Here's Scott showing off his juggling skills.Here's a "few" more pictures of Cooper playing on the trampoline and exploring the backyard.Look at that belly!Thanks to Grandma Net and Grandpa Pete for a fun-filled weekend! Can't wait to do it again!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! looks like you had a great time. Love the pictures. Scott makes a good Tarzan......And that last picture of the 4 of you. What a keeper. I want that one.

Dawn Rae said...

Gotta love Salina. I have some good memories of your trampoline and backyard too. Tell, Kylie that Lexi did cry, but was a lot tougher than I thought she would be.

Adam and Sarah said...

I love the family pic of you guys, too (the last one especially). So cute! Looks like you guys had tons of fun. I wish we could have made it down so much, but we had a wedding to go to on Saturday morning. Oh, and the rope swing -- did your mom and dad tell you that I DID fall into the ditch when Adam and I were engaged! Just one leg went in and Adam rescued me, but geez! I'm such a wimp!

Jennie Brown Stephens said...

HEY KIM! I just found your blog on Melissae's blog! CUTE BLOG! I must say, your kids are so stinking cute! Coop is such a cuddle bug, and Kylie is such a smartie pants, and I say that in a NICE way! I love hearing her read books to Lily! Ahhh Kylie, teach Lily how to read!!

Nicole said...

Looks like you had a great weekend. I always loved your backyard, it felt like we were camping with all the trees and the water running through. And I love the pics of Cooper after your mom's sunglasses. Maggie has a fascination with glasses too. It must be a baby thing. :)

Anonymous said...

love the look of her bum I bet she is tight