Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Turning The Big 3-0

Yay! I got a Cricut, I got a Cricut, la, la, la, la, la; I got a Cricut, I got a Cricut, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo. My husband bought me a Personal Cricut machine for my birthday. I'm sooooo happy! He got it brand new for $80.00 at Michael's, which I discovered was a steal because the thing normally costs $150-200.
Anyway, other than getting a Cricut and opening my presents and cards from my kids and hubby, I had a crappy birthday. I came home from work with an upset stomach yesterday morning. Thinking I just needed to eat, I had some toast and some orange juice. Bad idea. It all came back up. Everything I tried to nibble on or drink came back up, even the Pepto-Bismal, which, honestly, wasn't so bad coming up. I pretty much laid on the couch the entire day burning up with a fever, barfing, and feeling miserable. Kylie, seeing how miserable I was, asked if she could say a prayer for me. It was so sweet. I cried (half because I felt like crap and the other because I saw a glimpse of my little girl's sweet spirit). Kylie was very helpful, entertaining her brother and keeping him out of trouble, and getting me drinks from the fridge.
So this is what turning 30 is all about, then, huh? Getting older...getting sicker. What a cruel April Fool's joke.
I just went out and got my mail and I got a wonderful birthday card from my girlfriends from high school. It was so stinkin' cute. They all wrote messages to me, highlighting some of the memories they have about me. They brought up things I had totally forgotten about, like the time I forgot my bloomers and we were at an "away" game, so it wasn't like I could run home and get them or have my Mom bring them to me! I remember going out there with my blue-green underwear on, which sort of matched the blue bloomers we were supposed to be wearing. Some memories are best left forgotten! J/K. I am so grateful that I grew up in Salina and had such a great group of friends. Thanks to my girlfriend, Dawn, who has a knack for putting together creative projects like this. She is awesome!!!

6 comments:

Adam and Sarah said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry we didn't call, I didn't realize it was April 1 until I was in bed! :p Sorry you were sick, that sucks! Oh and let me be the first to suggest, maybe you're pregnant?! lol! Everytime I feel sick to my stomach, have a headache, get overly hot, or whatever someone suggests that I may be prego.... irritating... lol

Adam and Sarah said...

oh and ps congrats on your cricut! perfect present for the big 30! :)

Kim said...

Yeah, I better not be pregnant! Scott mentioned that too. Maybe I better check...

Nana and Papa said...

Wow... I thought so to. I was about to do a HAPPY DANCE..... Anyway Happy Birthday and I do hope that you fell better. Nana

Rhiannon said...

We love yah Kim! I am so glad Dawn had this idea too! I am so excited to get mine. I can just imagine what I'll hear from my friends about the good old days!

I just had another memory that you and I shared our Freshman year, something about truth or dare. Maybe your right... somethings are best left in the past!

Adrienne Gibson said...

your mom in law showed me your blog, which was fun to see since you are great at putting up so many pictures of the kiddos. just wanted to stop by and say hi. i will probably visit the blog to see what is happening with your fam!
adrienne gibson